After seven years of lobbying at both local and state government level the Emerald Sporting Club facility has finally become a reality for the local community of Emerald.
Talking with Dean Stuhldreier, President of the Emerald Football Netball Club, reveals just what has taken place to get this project of the ground.
Back in 2011, the Emerald Sporting Club Committee was founded, consisting of members of the Emerald Football Netball Club and Emerald Cricket Club, with one vision in mind to build a purpose built facility for all user groups and the local community to enjoy.
In March 2017, the Emerald Sporting Club foundation Committee, with their dedication and hard work, saw the completion of this project after seven years.
The Emerald Sporting Club Purpose Statement:
To develop a sporting club facility to attract young people in the area to participate in football, netball and cricket.
To provide a facility to attract people to support sporting activities and encourage their playing partners.
To provide the community with a facility that will seat in excess of 150 people.
The Journey of Events
• High expectation of Foundation Memberships.
• First Federal Liberal Government Pledge, Jason Wood – unsuccessful.
• Project put on the priority list for Cardinia Shire funds
• Second Federal Liberal Government Pledge, MP Jason Wood – successful.
• Finally being granted the money, the new social rooms could not be built on the top level of the existing building, until it was totally refurbished.
• The Emerald Sporting Club, then committed to building the full project without going to tender.
• All plans, drawings, computations and soil tests were completed, to have the social room building, in the car park next to the pavilion.
• Months of negotiations, saw permission from Cardinia Shire, to have the project located to where we are now, on top of the existing building.
Today we have this magnificent facility for the local community to enjoy both on and off the field after the resurfacing and extension of Chandler reserve took place in 2014.
The blood sweet and tears that went into getting this project off the ground and delivering a first class product cannot be underestimated and special mention must be made to both Bill and Robyn Kuys along with the Emerald Sporting Club foundation committee members who continuously focused on delivering and never lost sight of their vision.
The Emerald Sporting Club would not have been possible if it wasn’t for the foundation committee, the foundation members, the 52 volunteers who gave of their time, in excess of 5,000 hours and the generous support of our sponsors. These sponsors were Dandenong Ranges Community Bank, Emerald District & Cooperative Society – Mitre 10, ALS Cabinets, Shamic Sheetmetal, PMS Plumbing, GJ Steer Electrics and M.C. Huisintveld Building.
Today we have over 200 members of the Emerald Football Netball Club along with their families and supporters who are taking full advantage of this wonderful facility built by these wonderful people.
The Club is fully licenced and has a commercial kitchen which produces between 80 and 100 meals every Thursday night after training to its members and is open Friday evenings from 6.00pm to the public where you can watch AFL free to air live on the big screen in the comfort of central heating or in front of the gas log fire.
Meals are available on Fridays and are only $15 with a fully stocked bar with Carlton Draught, Furphy and Cider on tap for just $4.00 a pot.
The venue is also available for weddings, corporate and private functions that are fully catered for with bar service managed by the club.
For bookings please contact the club via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact Dean on 0457 924 111